Terms and Conditions
● Quotes are valid for 30 days.
● We cannot hold dates or provide tentative bookings. To confirm your quote
and secure your date, we require an initial non-refundable 25% payment
and approval of these terms + conditions.
● It is your responsibility to review all event details, including the date,
wedding venue, and quantities of items to be delivered.
● A booking is confirmed upon electronic signature of these terms +
conditions as well as receipt of an initial non-refundable 25% payment.
● This initial payment is non-refundable. It is compensation for our work
done to date and is required to secure our services for your date because it
precludes us from booking another event on your event date.
● This payment will be deducted from the total owing.
● Signing this agreement confirms you have proofread and approved all the
details of your event.
● Changes to the quote can be made under the conditions outlined in the
“Changes to Quote” section.
● The balance owing on your order is due 30 days prior to your wedding date.
● We cannot deliver any items or event designs without final confirmation of
● Payments can be made by EFT / direct deposit.
Changes to Quote
● Upon accepting this quote, you are agreeing to the items and to the total
● Should you wish to make changes to the items in this quote, we require a
minimum of 30 days' notice before your event date. However, please note,
the final quote amount cannot be reduced by more than 10% from the
original agreed-upon estimate.
● Changes to your event date and venue can only be made under the
conditions listed in the “Rescheduled & Relocated Events” section.
● All changes must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● If the client decides to cancel this agreement, it must be done in writing to
email@example.com at least 30 days before the event.
● Events cancelled within 30 days of the event date remain payable in full,
regardless of the circumstance.
● If you cancel your event and provide more than 30 days' notice, the initial
payment made remains non-refundable. Moneys paid above and beyond
the initial 25% payment will be refunded.
● We reserve the right to cancel the contract at any time. In this instance, you
are entitled to a full refund (including the initial 25% payment).
Rescheduled & Relocated Events
● The client must advise of any change to the event venue or event date in
writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
● We will do our best to accommodate new dates or location changes
however we cannot guarantee our availability.
● If we are unavailable on your new event date, or are unable to
accommodate your change of venue, the initial 25% payment made
● If we are available on your new event date, or able to accommodate your
venue change, the initial payment made will be transferred to the new
date. A new contract and quote will be drawn up taking into account the
changed circumstances. (For instance, wholesale product prices fluctuate
through the season, delivery and hourly wages vary depending on venue
● We reserve the right to amend or change the pricing outlined in this quote
in the event of cost changes beyond our control (e.g. wholesale flower
● We will make every effort to honor the original agreed price, however, the
current volatile nature of shipping (national/international) dramatically
affects wholesale flower prices.
● Any price increases will be formally advised to you in writing and a
recommendation provided to the client at least 14 days prior to your event
Product Substitution & Availability
● All flowers and foliage are subject to seasonal quality and availability.
● Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee availability, exact colors or shades of
specific products. When working with Mother Nature, there are no
guarantees. Unseasonably warm, wet or cool seasons have a dramatic
impact on flower and foliage availability.
● Regardless of the availability of specific products, we will always adhere to
the agreed color palette and style of floral design, as outlined in our
supplied design inspiration (linked at the top of your quote).
● We reserve the right to substitute all products to ensure the highest quality
ingredients are used. If needed, a final consultation can be arranged to
discuss alternative options.
● Containers and vases may change due to supplier issues, we will substitute
the selected product with items of greater or equal value, in line with the
overall look and feel for the event.
● Refunds will not be given for minor changes in flower type or appearance.
● Upon delivery (or collection) the client assumes all responsibility and care
for your flowers and designs.
● All hire items remain our property and are provided on a hire-only basis
unless purchased by the customer.
● All hire pieces must be returned to us within 48 hours of the wedding
unless agreed otherwise.
● Please advise your guests that all hired items (e.g. vases & votives) must not
be removed from the venue, otherwise you will be charged the full cost of
replacement of each item not returned to us.
● Clean, unbroken return of all hired stock is your responsibility.
● Lost, broken or damaged stock on hire from us must be paid for in full, by
● We reserve the right to charge an additional holding fee for hire items. We
also reserve the right to charge the client full replacement costs for items
damaged, lost or broken.
Photographs & Video Footage
● We retain the right to photograph all finished work and use photographs of
your wedding/event in our marketing efforts. This includes, but is not
limited to social media, brochures, websites, Pinterest, advertising,
magazine submissions and other publications related to self-promotion
● Photos taken by us of your arrangements remain our property. Our photos
are not to be reproduced, copied or edited in any way by you or any third
party without our prior permission.
● Any photos provided to us by your photographer will only be used by us for
the promotion and marketing of our business. Photographer’s credits will
only be displayed if requested.
● We reserve the right to hire an independent photographer to capture our
work on the day. Usage of these images will be limited to our own
marketing and self-promotion applications.
Installations + Large-Scale Designs
● It’s the client’s responsibility to advise the venue/events manager regarding
the scope of designs.
● The responsibility remains with the client to seek the required permissions
from the venue to construct any hanging, suspended or other uncommon
● We cannot be held responsible or liable for any instances where work
cannot be completed and achieved due to a lack of permission or safety at
Supplying Your Own Vases + Structures
● Please check that your vases and vessels are watertight before you drop
them off to us.
● If you are using your own archway or ceremony structure, it’s your
responsibility to ensure it is securely anchored into the ground in
anticipation of all weather conditions (wind, rain etc.). Please check with
the venue manager as to how and when this can be set up.
● We won’t provide refunds for any work that cannot be completed by us on
the event day due to faulty or unsafe materials provided by the client.
● We cannot be held responsible for any damage done to items hired by the
● We respect your privacy. Your names, wedding date, contact details, order
information & pricing will be treated with complete privacy.
● We will not speak with any media representative or release any information
unless you give us consent to do so. We request you do the same and do
not disclose order and pricing details to anyone without our express
Extreme Weather Conditions
● In the instance of extreme weather (wind, rain, heat, or cold), we will always
put safety first and will follow government advice regarding any event
including flooded roads and bushfire evacuations.
● We cannot be held liable for the impact extreme weather conditions have
on our ability to safely do our job.
● Extreme temperatures and high winds have a dramatic impact on flowers.
While we will do our best to go above and beyond, we cannot be held
responsible for damaged florals as a result of the weather.
● In the event either party is unable to perform its obligations under the
terms of this Agreement because of acts of God, strikes, equipment or
transmission failure or damage reasonably beyond its control, or other
causes reasonably beyond its control, such party shall not be liable for
damages to the other for any damages resulting from such failure to
perform or otherwise from such causes.
● In the instance, the force majeure event results in the cancellation or
relocation of the wedding within 30 days of the planned date, and the
wedding date is unable to be rescheduled or relocated by mutual
agreement as per this Agreement (Rescheduled & Relocated Events), you
agree that you will be liable for:
○ The initial 25% payment; and
○ An amount equivalent to the cost of any flowers or materials
purchased by us to meet our obligations under this Agreement.
Hello and welcome! I’m Lindsey, the passionate flower enthusiast, book lover, and proud mompreneur at the helm of The Floratory in Peoria Heights, IL. 🌸 My journey is one filled with petals, pages, and the joy of everyday adventures.
In the heart of Peoria Heights, my studio is a haven where creativity blooms. When I'm not crafting unique floral arrangements, you can find me hosting dance parties with my two wonderful kids, turning our evenings into magical memories. 💃
A self-confessed foodie, I love exploring new flavors and bringing the same level of excitement to my culinary experiments as I do to my floral designs. 🍔🍕 My husband often chuckles at my 'Lindseyisms' - those quirky phrases I coin that add a dash of humor and uniqueness to our lives. It’s these little idiosyncrasies that make every day with us at The Floratory a delightful experience.
My love for science and wonder at the universe is not just a passion but an inspiration. 🧪🌌 It's this fascination that gave birth to the name 'The Floratory' - a place where the art of floristry meets the wonder of exploration.
At The Floratory, every bouquet is more than just an arrangement; it's a piece of my heart, a fragment of a story, and a token of our shared adventures. Whether I’m immersed in a gripping novel, experimenting in the kitchen, or arranging the perfect bouquet, life for me is a beautiful journey filled with endless possibilities.
Join me at The Floratory, where every bloom tells a story, and every visit is an adventure. ✨